The Director of Revenue oversees all aspects of the revenue accounting cycle at Workiva. This role collaborates cross-functionally to ensure revenue is tracked and recorded properly according to internal and external controls. This role may manage a small Revenue team.
What you will do:
* Oversee the revenue process, ensuring revenue is recognized and deferred in accordance with US GAAP and Workiva's accounting policies.
* Collaborate on day-to-day accounting and operations of order-to-cash and revenue cycle, from invoicing and collections to revenue recognition issues, deal review and analysis.
* Provides proper and proactive accounting guidance in support of deal teams.
* Collaborate proactively with the sales organization, sales operations team and legal department to ensure revenue transactions are recorded in accordance with company's revenue recognition policies.
* Create audit-ready memos for significant and non-standard sales contracts and lead external auditors in connection with revenue-related audit procedures.
* Develop, maintain and update internal controls documentation for revenue recognition and support audits of internal controls.
* Provide detailed revenue analysis to support FP&A, senior management and the business.
* Evaluate current revenue processes, accounting, systems and procedures to identify areas for additional efficiencies.
* Communicate with senior management to provide updates on bookings, revenue attainment, cash collections, and health of receivables.
* Provide leadership in establishing and managing collection priorities.
* Manage the revenue team and work with employees on career growth and development.
What you will need:
* 10+ years of experience with revenue, accounting and/or finance, including experience working in a publicly traded company
* Strong experience dealing with regulatory requirements and Big 4 auditors on SAAS and software revenue arrangements.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
* CPA required
* Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
* Ability to read contracts and identify pertinent issues
* Public accounting experience a plus.
* Experience working for a global organization is preferred
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
* The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Intacct and Salesforce experience, a significant plus
* Ability to travel up to 10% travel
Where you will work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
* Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
* Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
* Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
* Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
* Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
* Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.